1 lb. Italian Sausage (I actually use half sausage/half vension or hamburger)
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 c. chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
5 c. beef broth
8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 c. tomatoes, chopped
1 carrot, peeled & thinly sliced
8 oz. cheese filled tortellini
1 medium green pepper, cut up (opt. - I don't use any cause I don't like the flavor that much)
1 zucchini, chopped
3 T. fresh parsley
1-2 c. of fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
In a large pot or dutch oven, brown sausage. Season with basil and oregano. Remove sausage and drain grease except for 1 T. Saute onion and garlic in remaining sausage drippings, about 5 minutes. Return sausage to pan with onion and garlic. Add broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, and carrots. Bring to boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. Add tortellini with green pepper, parsley, and zucchini. Simmer 10 minutes or until tortellini is fully cooked. Wilt spinach in before spooning into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment