Saturday, September 18, 2010

Marilyn's Cinnamon Rolls

I heart these cinnamon rolls!

*HUBBY FAVORITE*

Warning: This makes a lot!

2 T. yeast (add 1 t. sugar to feed yeast)
1/2 c. warm water
Mix & set aside.

1/2 - 3/4 c. butter
2 t. salt
1/2 c. sugar
Mix these together in large bowl and add:
2 c. warm milk
4 eggs, slightly beaten
yeast mixture
Mix well.

Gradually add:
9 c. flour
1/2 bag of cinnamon chips (Hershey's makes them.  In Wisconsin, I find them at Woodmans.  In Utah, I find them at Smith's.)

Refrigerate dough for 3-4 hours or over night.

Split dough in half.  Roll one half into about an 8"x12" rectangle and about 1/4" thick.
Spread softened butter over the top, then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon to your liking.  Roll and cut about 2" apart.

Repeat to other half of dough.

Let rise one hour, then bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

The Gourleys prefer cream cheese frosting.

No comments: